TEAM HOTEL – Lone Star Shootout Nov. 18-19, 2017
Holiday Inn Express
780 E Vista Ridge Mall Dr
Lewisville, TX 75067
Hotel Front Desk: 1-972-4598000
Cutoff date to book a room is 11/14
RATES: We have secured a $99 + tax per room/nite (includes hot breakfast), all rooms are double/doubles.Reservation link: You may now book on their website or by calling the front desk:
In Group Code Box enter LIB
If you decide to call, you can say you are with the Titan Lacrosse and your code is LIB
Our schedule for this tourney will be:
Fri @ 10pm (approx) player/parent meeting in lobby of hotel
Sat all day — GAMES TBD; Team dinner TBD
Sun all morning/afternoon — GAMES TBD
More info to come. If you haven’t already signed your online player short form, please do so asap, Also, if you have not paid for the Lone Star Shootout, click on “PAY HERE” in the MENU and please do so asap.
________________________________________________________For our “FIRST TIME” TITAN Parent/Players – see notes below:
* TRAVELING: Generally, everyone travels individually unless you organize amongst yourselves to carpool. We travel on Friday evening to the hotel so players can get a good night’s sleep before games start on Saturday.
* WHAT TO PACK (in addition to gear/uniform/backup sticks): If you have a “pop-up” tent, stakes, bungees – please bring and notify Libby. Bring chairs. Extra socks for players to stay dry on the field.
* GAMES/ARRIVAL: We almost always have an early game on Saturday. Coaches require players to arrive at the TITAN tent at the fields approx. 90 minutes prior to the first game. Tournament websites will generally list game schedules at the beginning of the week of the actual tournament. As soon as we notice the games go up, we will add to the website. If the tournament has a “Tourney Machine” app to follow the progress of all of the teams (LOVE THESE), that is usually downloadable from the tournament website around the time the games are announced/loaded. Dress appropriately for the weather.
* WATER/FOOD: TITAN LACROSSE will supply water for players throughout the weekend in the team tent. Please be mindful of your player’s meals/snacks to stay fueled throughout the weekend and plan accordingly. They burn a lot of calories. We will need to check the food status of the tournament (usually, there is a concession stand or food trucks available on site).
* TEAM DINNERS: We WILL have a team dinner on the Saturday night of tournaments. Location TBD.
* COACH’S NOTE: Feel free to take advantage of the good deals most tournaments offer on equipment, however — NO PLAYER SHOULD USE NEW STICKS DURING SAME TOURNAMENT. Thank you in advance.